I’ve been meaning to write a little bit about the switch from MovableType to WordPress. Not much, just a little bit. Updating my templates wasn’t hard at all. It was basically just replacing all the MT tags with a little bit of PHP. Having multiple index templates (blog, photoblog, etc…) caused a small problem, but a little PHP code fixed that too. Here’s a list of links to useful information that helped me with the move:
- Carthik.net – A post about moving from MT to WP, where I found several of the following links.
- Fix for the date export problem from MT.
- wp-mail.php – WP moblog script, that I modified to fit with my site structure and create thumbnails.
- DrBacchus’ Journal – Importing MT posts into WP while keeping the same post numbers, so with a little .htaccess hacking, all my old links still work.
- Tutorial: Installing AWstats at 1and1.com – Not really WordPress related, but when I made the switch to WP, I also switched from my old hosting to 1and1. And now, I have AWstats going, since 1and1 doesn’t have them by default. I’m sure I could have figured this out on my own, but this tutorial definitely sped up the process.
Hmm… I thought there was more to it than that. I’ll update this post if I find anything else that I used. Also, obviously, the WordPress Docs, though those weren’t as helpful as I would have liked.